Kaiken Wines

Roque Saenz Peña 5516, Vistalba, Mendoza, Argentina

Telefon: +54-261-476 1111

Kaiken Ultra Cabernet Sauvignon 2013

Tasting note:
Our Cabernet Sauvignon Ultra 2013 is an outstanding example of Mendoza’s ability to produce elegant and powerful wines.The color is typical Cabernet deep red. On the nose it’s elegant and balanced, with ripe fruit reminiscent of prunes, strawberries, and cherries, intertwined with a spicy hint of black pepper, tobacco, and sweet bell pepper. The finish is long and lingering, with notes of red fruit, mixed with subtle vanilla and chocolate from oak aging.

Food pairing and serving tips:
Our Cabernet Sauvignon Ultra is elegant, supple, and powerful. We recommend 30-minute decanting to bring out its full display of delicious flavors and aromas. Serve at 59°-63°F (15°-17°C) with game and rich meat dishes, or just enjoy with strong ripe cheese. Store in a cool (<15°C) and dry place, protected from direct exposure to light.

Technical information:
The vigor and complexity of our Cabernet Sauvignon Ultra 2013—a lovely expression of this variety— arise from its origin in two different vineyards; 80% of the grapes are sourced from our 80-year-old vineyard in Vistalba, while the remaining 20% come from Vistaflores. The end-product combines the characteristics of these two different terroirs. Vistalba’s old, noble vines add elegance, structure, and power, while Vistaflores adds freshness, vigor, and spicy notes. Vistalba (1,125 m.a.s.l.) is located 800 meters from the River Mendoza and 20% of its alluvial soil is clay, with gravel from the river below a depth of 50cm,. All these components result in highly-concentrated and superior-quality grapes. Vistaflores’ rocky, alluvial soil (1,350 m.a.s.l.) has less than 15% clay, which gives grapes with good natural acidity.

Harvest report:
The Spring of 2013 was dry—very common in Mendoza—and low temperatures favored good flowering and fruit set. High, early summer temperatures, with hot nights, called for careful irrigation management to avoid plant dehydration. From half-way to the end of summer, weather conditions changed and extremely low temperatures were again recorded. Cooler nights gave us fruit with perfect maturity at harvest time. Scarce rainfall and low humidity resulted in healthy plants, allowing us to wait for the ideal moment to pick in April.

To protect it, fruit for our Cabernet Sauvignon Ultra was hand-picked into 10kg-trays, then manually selected in the winery to avoid any unwanted elements that might affect the wine, before crushing. Must was fermented in small tanks under optimum conditions, preserving vineyard character and qualities. After one month’s fermentation (including maceration), all the wine was decanted into French oak barrels (1/3 into old barrels, and 2/3 into second- and third-use barrels). The wine was aged in oak for 12 months and then filtered through cartridges before bottling. The wine was then kept in bottle for a minimum of 12 months, to allow it to develop its full character and expression.

Allgemeine Merkmale

Appellation of origin: Mendoza

Variety: 95% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Malbec

Clone selection: Massal selection

Yield: 8 to 9 ton/ha (3 to 3.4 ton/acre)

Pre-fermentative maceration: 7 days at 10°C

Alcoholic fermentation: approximately 7 days at 28°C

Post-fermentation maceration: 14 days at 22°C

Ausführliche Beschreibung

Alcohol: 14.5°

Total acidity (H2SO4): 3.59g/l

Residual acidity: 2.8g/l

pH level: 3.65

Free SO2: 30ppm

Andere Produkte dieses Herstellers

Copyright © 2014-2019, PVCode LLC
Wir machen das Komplizierte einfach


Nutzungsbedingungen (in englischer)

Fügen Sie dem Katalog das Produkt hinzu

QR-Codes auf Produktetiketten

Stavrovskaya Str. 8, 600022, Vladimir, Russland
Telefonnummer: +79157646274 (English-speaking)